Restaurant Fire Suppression System ANSUL R-102 and PIRANHATM
Statistically, reasons for more than 40% of restaurant fires are originated from thermal equipment (deep fryers, kitchen stoves, chargrills) and ventilation. Thick layers of grease, oil and dust accumulate in air ducts and on stove plate surfaces over time (a few months of normal use), and in case of spark strike this "combustible mixture" may ignite. Due to ventilation draught fire quickly spreads throughout ventilation system, creating a serious danger to personnel and visitors.
Factors that increase a risk of kitchen fire:
- Use of high temperatures, high temperature kitchen equipment;
- Open fire cooking;
- Use of large amounts of cooking oil, charcoal, firewood.
An automatic fire suppression system for kitchens ANSUL R-102 is an effective and proven solution for protection of various kitchen equipment and ventilation hoods, functioning without direct human participation.Having ANSUL R-102 system protecting a restaurant / cafe / dining / cafeteria etc. helps to prevent the following risks:
- Human injuries;
- Damage of interiors and kitchen equipment;
- Down time or even lost of business;
- Damage of ventilation systems.
A principle of operation of a kitchen fire suppression system ANSUL R-102:
- In case of fire a fuse link of a detection system reacts to the temperature rise and a trigger mechanism of a compressed gas cylinder is activated.
- Compressed gas (nitrogen) is released into a container with fire suppression agent ANSULEX.
- The fire extinguishing agent moves to the spray nozzles through the piping system, quickly suppressing the flame
As soon as the fire extinguishing agent reaches the burning surfaces it effectively cools them and reacts with burning fat (oil), forming a thick foam on the surface. This allows to isolate the fat surface and prevent further fire spreading.
Remote operation of the system:
- In the case of visual detection of fire, the kitchen fire extinguishing system is activated by hand
Advantages of ANSUL R-102::
- Complete self-containment. Does not require water and electric power supply.
- In European countries the use of ANSUL R-102 provides regulation of the insurance tariff in the civil liability insurance to third parties against possible damages in case of fire.
- High efficiency. The unit is activated as soon as possible from the moment of ignition. It allows to quickly extinguish the fire in the kitchen without using primary fire extinguishing means.
- Effective suppression of burning fat, oil and open fire due to use of the fire-extinguishing agent ANSULEX.
- Compactness and aesthetics. ANSUL R-102 guarantees high fire safety in the restaurant and harmonious combination with the interior of any kitchen.
- The system is not dangerous for peoples, equipment and kitchen appliances. The fire extinguishing agent ANSULEX is an aqueous solution of organic salts with low pH. When it is used, there is no release of toxic products. In case of contact the surfaces and other kitchen appliances with the fire extinguishing agent, they could be easily cleaned from the foam residuals with hot soapy water, sponges and rags, after that they can be used again.
- Long-term storage of the extinguishing agent (12 years).
- Minimum recovery time in case of operation the system. The process takes only 1-2 days.
- The kitchen fire extinguishing system ANSUL allows to protect the barbecue/charcoal grills with open fire. It is especially important for restaurants and cafes, located in the buildings of the shopping and entertainment centres
- Cafes and restaurants in hotels;
- Canteens, eating houses and cafeterias;
- Fast food restaurants;
- Kitchens in the kindergartens, schools, universities.
Objects where the ANSUL R-102 system is used:
- Fast food restaurants such as "KFC", "Burger King", "McDonald's", "MU-MU", "Shake Shack", "Jerry Wings", "StarLite" and others.
- Restaurants "Fridays", "Maestro de Oliva", "Two Wands", "Pancho Pizza", "Oriental Bazaar", "Il Patio", "Shurpa", "MEGU Lotte Plaza" and others.
- Donut makers "Krispy Kreme".
- Hotel chains "Park Inn", "Hilton", "Novotel", "Marriott", "Radisson", "Sheraton", "Hyatt", "Holiday Inn", "Grand Hotel Europe", "Swissotel Sochi Kamelia", "Indigo " and others.
- Hot shops of hypermarkets "Ashan".
- Donut makers in IKEA stores.
- Restaurants with cooking on an open fire.